Below are a list of Frequently Asked Questions as it relates to Covid-19 and the effect of Federal, Provincial and Municipal rules and regulations on our services. The situation changes nearly daily, and we strive to keep this updated in as close as real time as possible!
(Last Update – May 21, 2020)
We are in accordance with Federal, Provincial, and Municipal laws and are monitoring daily.
Group classes at our three facilities will resume starting Saturday, May 30th.
For Private Lessons, for practical portions of the lessons, we will work outdoors with you and your dog.
May 30th, 2020
We've prepared resources for our students here:
Group Classes resume May 30th, 2020.
Absolutely, When Hounds Fly was the first to launch live, interactive, online/virtual dog training classes. All of our programs have been transitioned for this delivery format. Click here to learn more and to apply for admission.
For Dundas West, Pape Village, and Queen West students that were mid-way through their programs prior to March 18th, 2020:
- Your dog isn't going to train themselves during social distancing! Use your existing class credits and book into our Virtual Classes - Dundas Virtual / Pape Virtual / Queen West Virtual
- You can either continue Puppy Socialization classes or move onto Foundation Skills classes depending on your needs and your dog's age
- You may trade in any unused/unbooked class credits for personal services such as 30-Minute Phone Consults or 1-on-1 Lessons, please email the office at email@example.com to make that request.
- You may hold onto the class credits for use when we are permitted to open, we will extend the expiration of these credits by the duration of our mandated closure. Classes are scheduled to resume May 30th, 2020.
For Wellesley Animal Hospital Students
- Similar arrangements are possible, but because the scheduling format of that program did not use logins or class calendars, please email the office (firstname.lastname@example.org) requesting which option you'd like.
Yes, students who were admitted and paid for Puppy Socialization or Foundation Skills classes prior to March 18th, 2020 will receive extensions to their credit expirations commensurate with the number of days we were required to cease group class operations.
The feedback we’ve received from our virtual classroom has been amazing – we’re so confident in our ability to deliver that we proudly offer our Virtually Delighted Guarantee:
“If you feel like you didn’t receive the value you deserved from a Virtual Consultation or Lesson, simply write into us explaining in detail how we missed the mark*, and we will deliver a make-up in-person class or lesson at no charge (either at our schools, or in-home service area)”
(*Within 72 hours of the lesson, we want feedback promptly!)
You are also welcome to audit a virtual group class on a pay-what-you-feel basis, to get a sense of what you can expect.
Subject to our service area restrictions, we are able to work with you and your dog outdoors at this time.
Anyone is welcome to audit our classes on a Pay-What-You-Feel basis, which includes $0.
To get the schedule and the meeting link and schedule, simply fill out this form:
Pay What You Feel - support us by paying for any classes you audit here:
Effective April 4, Zoom mandated the use of passwords for our meeting room, please email the office at email@example.com and we will supply it to you if needed; future booked students will receive the meeting room password when registering for classes.
Full Students - Your login and password and credit system is the exact same as what you were issued for our Brick-and-Mortar classes, they are interchangeable within a location (i.e. the Pape Village brick and mortar calendar uses the same login and credit system as the Pape Village virtual calendar)
Auditors - You don't need to login or register to audit a class, just jump on and mute your mic/hide your camera.
New Students - You need to apply for admission prior to receiving logins for group classes, please start here to see our programs and admissions policies.
At this time, due to the force majeure nature of the Covid-19 pandemic, we are unable to offer refunds. Instead, for any "Start Anytime" programs, we would be pleased to offer vouchers for alternative services (including live, online virtual classes or 1-on-1 lessons), or simply allow you to hold onto class credits for use when we reopen.