Rally Obedience (Rally-O)
Rally Obedience is a dog sport that incorporates aspects of competitive obedience. Handler and dog make their way through a course with a series of stations. Each station has a behavior such as sit, down, stand, or heel (i.e. 180 degree turn), and more advanced courses feature behaviors such as figure 8s, weaves, and jumps. In novice levels, the dog is on leash and the owner is allowed to talk and interact with their dog, making it an easy dog sport to get into!
What you and your dog will get from Rally-O:
- Knowledge and ability to prepare your dog for a Rally-Obedience trial so your dog can earn his or her Rally Novice (RN) title. After that, Rally Advanced and Rally Excellent (RE) titles can be earned!
- A dog that is a DREAM to walk. Rally-O is all about excellent heelwork, so there is no better way to teach your dog to be an incredible loose leash walker than to teach an outstanding heel.
- A tired and happy dog.
Rally Level 1
Get started on your path to Rally Obedience!
Prerequisites: This is an advanced class. Dogs must have passed the Evaluation Module and earned their Ride or Die certification.
- Finish (using Silvia Trkman’s Hind-End Rotation method)
- Sit, Down, Stand
- 20lb Drywall Bucket for medium/large dogs
- Paint Can, filled heavy for smaller dogs
- Target Stick (Homemade could be chopstick or wood dowel with a plastic spoon taped at the end)