Reactive Dog Group Class
Reactive Dog Class
Does your dog “overreact” when seeing other dogs on leash?
Do they growl, bark, snarl, lunge, or snap?
Do you want to learn humane, force-free methods to teach your dog how to react calmly and confidently around other dogs?
Do you want to work with likeminded owners, with their reactive dogs, together, to create a safe environment to practice together?
This is for you if…
- Your dog “overreacts” when seeing other dogs (growling, barking, snarling, lunging, and snapping)
- You want to learn humane, force-free methods to teach your dog to react to other dogs calmly and with confidence
- You are new to When Hounds Fly, or alumni of When Hounds Fly (private lessons or group classes)
- Your dog is “reactive” to other dogs on leash while on walks (whether it’s fear, or overarousal and frustration)
- Your dog is NOT reactive/aggressive to people (so that our instructors can come close to you, and help you handle your dog)
- Seven (7) sessions – 1 Virtual, 6 In-Person
- Purpose: To help you help your dog learn to feel safe AND behave in a relaxed, confident manner around other dogs
- Outcome: You will develop the essential skills and confidence to help your dog improve, and enjoy more peaceful and joyful walks with your dog
- Co-existing on-leash with some degree of proximity is the outcome objective
- Direct Nose-to-Nose/Off-Leash Interactions is NOT in scope for this program.
- Safe and controlled environment – Only 6 dogs per session in our 4000 square feet at our South Etobicoke facility
- Ample One-on-One Attention – A 2:1 ratio of student to certified dog trainer means ample individualized guidance and feedback to our human students
- Learn Foundation Behaviours – to replace your dog’s current undesirable behaviours of lunging, barking, snapping, when presented with triggers
- Learn Emergency Behaviours – to prepare you and your dog to get out the potential sticky situations quickly, effortlessly, without incident
- Learn how to work WITH your dog – to strengthen your bond and trust as you work through this challenge as a team
Meet Your Instructors:
Our Reactive Dog Group Class Instructors are Rachael Johnston (KPA CTP), Stephanie Tran (CPDT-KA), Monique Dayaram (KPA CTP), Anita Rahmati (CPDT-KA) and Billie Jean Shannon (CPDT-KA). Each have extensive experience owning reactive dogs AND helping countless owners (and their dogs) with reactivity.
Dear Mayra and Chris and Team,
Our Reactive Dog Group Class program ended yesterday. I just wanted to say thank you for all the support, kind words, and encouragement. I would have liked to tell you in person, but I couldn’t stop crying for some reason – the whole program has been very emotional (in a good way).
My brother and I have enjoyed the training, and Luna too. We’ll continue to work on setting Luna up for success. You’ve provided us with a great foundation and confidence to build on!
– Selvina and Luna
$728 plus HST (7 week program)
Please note: It will only ever be offered at our South Etobicoke location, which is the only location that is 4000 square feet and has ample parking close by and is not facing a busy major street.
Okay, I’m Ready to Go!
This program has an admissions process. Please fill out the application form below. We will personally review all applications to ensure every participant is a good fit, and invite you to complete the registration and payment online.
June 10 to July 29 (skips Canada Day long weekend).
Cohorts available: 2:00 PM or 3:30 PM.
CLASSES ARE FULLY BOOKED – Thank you for your interest!