Fear Free Veterinary and Groomer Visits Class
This course is designed for anybody looking to make regular handling, grooming procedures and veterinary visits stress free for both owners and dogs.
Prerequisites: Completion of Puppy Socialization or Foundation Skills. We regret we only accept our alumni for this program.
This program is on a fixed schedule. Each week we will review progress from the following week and increase criteria for each handling exercise.
This 4 week program will cover:
- How to recognize signs of anxiety, fear or stress in your dog
- Trimming your dogs nails without resistance
- Grooming & teeth brushing
- Stationary behaviours to encourage co-operation from your dog throughout medical procedures
- How to change your dogs perception of veterinary visits
- How to teach your dog to love wearing a muzzle
Instructor: Sara Russell, who is a certified by the Fear Free Pets initiative to assist veterinarians, pets, and pet owners in making veterinary visits a fear-free experience for everyone.
Program Tuition: $160 per dog plus HST
We offer Fear-Free Class periodically at our Dundas West location. Forthcoming sessions are detailed at our online store.
OK, I’m Ready To Go!